Friday 4 January 2013

Susan Polgar Chess Daily News and Information: Interview with Zhansaya Abdumalik

Susan Polgar Chess Daily News and Information
-- Bringing you updated, timely, fair, and objective chess daily news and information from around the globe -- www.ChessDailyNews.com
thumbnail Interview with Zhansaya Abdumalik
Jan 4th 2013, 22:24


2012 was a good year, but 2011 was better: Zhansaya Abdumalik - Interview

04.01.2013


Almaty journalists had a chance to play against world chess champion Zhansaya Abdumalik. Zhansaya played a simultaneous exhibition against seven chess players, including journalists and Kazakhstan Chess Federation representatives on December 26, 2012. She experienced no problems and won 7:0. Zhansaya gave an interview after the simultaneous and told about the outgoing year and what she liked doing in her spare time.

A: Judging by the tournaments that I've played in the year was quite good. I wouldn't say it was perfect, because I played better in 2011. I am going to train intensively for the new tournaments to make the next year the best year in my professional career.


Q: You became second at the World Youth Chess Championship in Slovenia couple mouths ago. What do you think about this tournament?

A: I am a little disappointed. I had to win the gold, but failed to get it. However this gives me a strong motivation to become the best chess-player in the world once again. We have analyzed all the games, studies all the mistakes I made. My family-members are comforting me saying that nothing bad has happened. They are sure that I will win gold at the next World Championship!

Q: You remained the leader of the Championship in Maribor for a long time, but then you gave way to your competitor from India.

A: I think that the third game against the India's player was the key game at the world championship. I had been preparing for that gave very thoroughly and during the game I got the exact same combination that I had studied during the preparations. However it got a feeling that there was a hidden threat in the opponent's maneuvers and I made a move that was different from one I made during the training. As the result I lost a lot of time and important points.

Q: Did you like Slovenia?

A: Yes, Maribor is quite a beautiful city. The Championship was held at a ski resort and the nature around was amazing. This country left me with some good memories.  



Q: It is no longer interesting for you to play against girls of your age, is it?

A: Of course I prefer to play against older chess-players, for example, against Grand Masters, there is much I can learn from them. But I like playing against girls of my age, too.

Q: How many hours a day do you usually play chess?

A: About six hours. When I was studying in Singapore Chess Academy I had the following schedule: three hours of training in the morning, then a lunch break and three more hours of training. After that I swam in the pool for two hours, had dinner and went to bed.

Q: What do you do in your spare time?

A: I like swimming. I don't have a coach, I just swim. I also like to skate and go to the movies. And I really love fishing! Sometimes we go fishing with my grandfather and my whole family to camp overnight, we set up tents and fish!


Q: You have played in many International tournaments. What country did you like the most?

A: Vietnam left me with the brightest memories. That was my first world championship that I won. I liked it in India, too, I visited Taj-Mahal there. It's a pity it was scorchingly hot and it was impossible to walk outside. And I liked Paris a lot as well (laughing).

Q: Have you ever played simultaneous before?
A: Only once in Aktau. I played against employers of one of the oil companies; they set forth five chess-players against me. I won 5:0 (smiling).


Source: http://en.tengrinews.kz
Chess Daily News from Susan Polgar

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment