Monday 18 March 2013

VIJIMAMBO: Anderson Cooper gives heartfelt thanks to his partner Benjamin after winning GLAAD award (and has his first ever kiss with a girl)

VIJIMAMBO
Anderson Cooper gives heartfelt thanks to his partner Benjamin after winning GLAAD award (and has his first ever kiss with a girl)
Mar 19th 2013, 01:08

Passionate peck: Anderson Cooper and Madonna kissed on stage at the 24th annual GLAAD Media awards on Saturday
'Do I have lipstick from Madonna on me?' he quipped.
'It's a first. Kissing a woman, that is.'
Joking aside, the 45-year-old anchor made a serious point about his love life when he won the award. 
'It has allowed me to love and be loved, to open my head and open my heart in ways I would have never predicted,' he said.
'The ability to love one another, the ability to love another person is in my opinion one of God's greatest gifts and I thank God every day for the ability to give and share love with the people in my life. My family, my friends, my partner Benjamin, thank you very much.'

Cooper came out publicly in July when he wrote an email that fellow journalist Andrew Sullivan published, with Cooper's permission.
Acceptance speech: Celebrities including Fergie from Black Eyed Peas congratulated him

In it, Cooper said that he did not want his decision to keep his personal life private to be any indication that he is ashamed about his homosexuality.
'I'm only here because of what others have done -- so much more than I will ever do. As a gay person, it's important for me to remember that all of us come from a community whose stories for too long have been forgotten or ignored,' he said in his acceptance speech.

'I've had so many blessings in my life. Being gay is certainly one of the greatest blessings.'

Playing with gender: Madonna spoke in front of an audience at the Marriott Marquis in New York City wearing a Boy Scout costume in an effort to protest the group's stance against gay equality
Apparently his mention of his boyfriend Benjamin Maisani won him some brownie points with his other half as witnesses said they were 'inseparable' throughout the evening. 
'Ben didn't leave Anderson's side once throughout the night and when Anderson went backstage to say hello to Madonna, Ben came with him,' a source told Us Weekly. 
Madonna was making her own statement as well by wearing a Boy Scout uniform, drawing attention to the fact that the children's group does not accept gay troop leaders or participants.
She told the audience during a long speech: 'I wanted to be a Boy Scout, but they wouldn't let me join.
'I think that's f**ked up. I can build a fire. I know how to pitch a tent. I have a very good sense of direction. I can rescue kittens from trees. Listen, I wanna do for the community.'

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment