Monday 26 August 2013

INQUIRER.net: Don’t pity me says cancer-survivor Kleybanova

INQUIRER.net
Philippine News for Filipinos 
Madesmith

Modern handmade. New designers every week.
From our sponsors
Don't pity me says cancer-survivor Kleybanova
Aug 27th 2013, 01:34

NEW YORK–Cancer survivor Alisa Kleybanova enjoyed a winning return to Grand Slam tennis on Monday at the US Open, but pleaded with fans not to pity her after her courageous battle for survival.   The 24-year-old Russian was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma in 2011, an illness which forced her off tour until May this year.   Kleybanova, who once reached 20 in the world but now stands at 363 in the rankings, marked her first major appearance in over two years with a 6-4, 3-6, 7-5 win over number 44 Monica Puig of Puerto Rico.   "I'm happy that all those things are over for me now. I went through them. I came as a winner in that battle," said Kleybano...

Keep on reading: Don’t pity me says cancer-survivor Kleybanova

Media files:
Alisa-Kleybanova.jpg (image/jpeg)
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment