Thursday 14 March 2013

INQUIRER.net: Italian journalist says new pope called her first

INQUIRER.net
Philippine News for Filipinos
Italian journalist says new pope called her first
Mar 15th 2013, 03:24

ROME—Just hours after his dramatic election as leader of the Catholic world, an Italian journalist in Rome said the first thing Pope Francis did was to call her up for a friendly chat.   "The phone rang... My son picked it up and it was the pope," Stefania Falasca, a former editor for a Catholic monthly, told Italian media.   "At home we just called him 'father', we never called him 'eminence.' I didn't know what to say. I asked him 'Father, what am I meant to call you? Holy Father?'" she said.   "He laughed and he told me 'The first phone call I wanted to make was to say hello to you, Gianni and the kids,'" she said.   Falasca is married...

Keep on reading: Italian journalist says new pope called her first

Media files:
Francis-1st-Mass.jpg (image/jpeg)
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment